Saturday, October 22, 2005

English Style Indian in Las Vegas

An Indian dish “Chicken Korma” is the number one meal in England, strange but true. They have had Indian food in the UK for a very long time so they have developed their own style of Indian food. So when Holly spotted an Indian restaurant that was offering “London Style Cuisine” I was very excited, here’s what we thought of the place.

Sam Says “I ordered Tandoori chicken which is marinated chicken on the bone. The chicken is cooked in an authentic clay oven and was tender and full of flavor. We were also given a sample of their rice pudding to try. It was some of the best rice pudding I’ve had and very unique. The manager also gave us directions to Las Vegas’s Indian market and I am very excited to visit.”

Holly Says, “The food was AMAZING! The owner grinds her own spices, makes everything from scratch, and doesn’t use any food dye. What a labor of love for she has taken to making her restaurant authentic and high quality. Now that is what I call a love for food, and a passion for the art of cooking! I am happy Sam has found someplace that he can go, ‘for a curry’.” I have to comment on Sam’s “best rice pudding he’s had.” Sam is always telling me how much he HATES nuts so when I took a bite of the rice pudding, I knew instantly it had ground pistachio nuts! Without letting him know about this, I asked him how he liked it and he said he, “really liked it.” I laughed and told him it had nuts in it. I think he says he likes it just to save face and not give me the satisfaction of gloating! BRAT!!!

Kohinoor Indian Cuisine

730 E. Flamingo Rd

Las Vegas, NV, 89119

Hours: 1130am-230pm, 530pm-1030pm Tuesday-Sunday. Closed Monday

Phone: 702 894 9334

4 Comments:

Anonymous Todd said...

You know, I never thought of myself as an Indian food kinda guy but I had chicken korma recently and it turned me into a convert. Now I read your review and I think I may have to make an excursion this weekend.

9:58 AM, October 27, 2005  
Anonymous Kirk Duncan said...

Hi Sam,
The Kohinoor sounds like 'The Place'. As soon as you know when I'm going to hit Vegas, book a table, please!

9:08 AM, November 02, 2005  
Blogger Sam "DaMule" said...

It's really cool, I took some of the guys from work to the buffet, it was the first Indian meal for some of them and the food was really good that time too so it's a real winner for me

9:30 AM, November 02, 2005  
Anonymous Mum said...

I cant wait to eat there son so pleased you have tracked it down. Was getting a little worried that I would have to without my Korma - d they do take aways? I do hope so then I can freeze them for those times when a curry is all you want.

Good one Sam

9:08 AM, November 05, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home